by: Grace Ogbomo
2020 has been an incredibly challenging year for everyone. It has been a perfect storm in some respect and depending on what part of the boat you are in; you are likely impacted in ways that differ from others. Before we give 2020 a proper rest, we want you to know that we are thankful to God for seeing you through. We also celebrate your resilience and steadfast commitment to the Lord, as you trusted amid the pandemic, social unrest, and division in our country.
As we prepare for the coming year, the Lord has laid a burden on my heart to share with you at our New Year’s Eve Crossover/Passover Service. I invite you to join us in-person, or on-line as we:
1. Pray together – We will pray to consecrate ourselves, pray for those hurting, and pray over our dreams/goals for the coming year. Please come with your written dreams and goals for 2021, as we will be committing those to the Lord.
2. Prepare our hearts for God’s word to us for the season
3. Partake in Passover celebration in an act of faith, while also inviting the Lord to lead us into His Promises for our lives in the New Year. For those participating on-line, please have your bread and juice available.
On Sunday, January 3, 2021, we are commencing a new series of messages called A Time to Dream. There are 3 mediums through which we will reinforce the message and practical application of dreaming God’s dream, and the road map to attain them (Sunday sermon, Life Groups and Bible Studies). We urge you to write down your dreams and goals for the coming year. Following our Time to Dream message series kickoff on Sunday, we invite you to participate in a Life Group where you will have a safe space to reflect on messages, share dreams, get support, and pray over our dreams. On the next page, there are a list of areas where you should prayerfully jot down your dreams and aspirations.
We are looking forward to an incredible New Year 2021 and we pray for God’s blessing to unfold in profound ways in your life in the New Year!
Areas to Define Dreams and Set Goals
1) Church & Ministry
Consider: What is your church and/or ministry dreams/goals? Where do you fit specifically within the body of Christ? What gifts/talents do you need to identify and deploy? How can you be faithful and fruitful to God? What ways will you demonstrate obedience and commitment?
2) Career and business
Consider: What is your career and/or business aspirations? What will you enjoy doing that will make you money? How will you ensure work/life balance? What ways will you hone your skill set? What are your ambitions?
Consider: Income stream(s), Budgeting and Management Skills, Debt, and Mindset. Financial goals can complement your career or business goals. May include having better control of spending, saving, investment, taking risk etc.
Consider: Are there educational pursuits that can help position you for future opportunities? Are there certifications that will position you for upward mobility? Are there investments and sacrifices that needs to be made that would provide payoff in the future?
Consider: Family, Romantic, Work, and Friendships that you need to cultivate and/or develop. Are there unhealthy relationships to disconnect from? Are there character traits or habits that needs to be addressed to develop healthy and helpful relationships?
6) Health and fitness
Consider: Eating Habits, Exercise, and Lifestyle Choices. Our bodies are God’s temples. Caring for God’s temple is an act of stewardship and faithfulness. It is important to have goals around health and physique.
Consider: Resting and Rejuvenating Spiritually. Personal walk with God. Growth, and Processing Old Griefs and Circumstances.
Consider: Time and Productivity Management, Decision Making, and Goal setting. Resting and Rejuvenating mentally, Emotionally, and Physically. Learning About Yourself, Introspective Growth, and Processing Old Griefs and Circumstances.
Some Scriptures to Reflect on:
- for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. – Phil 2:13
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:33
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11
- Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. - Proverbs 16:3
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13
- …“Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. -Habakkuk 2:2
- A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great. - Proverbs 18:16
Blessings,Taiwo Ogbomo, Pastor